How I Put Together My Korean Winter Skincare Routine

  Background: So a little bit of background. Coming from a more humid country than South Korea, any other season is already dry enough for m...

Sunday, May 29, 2022

How I Put Together My Korean Winter Skincare Routine

 


Background:

So a little bit of background. Coming from a more humid country than South Korea, any other season is already dry enough for my skin so not to mention winter, when it is the driest of all. There were times even before winter, my skin could get so dry that it cracks, my lips had the worst of it all, the edges of my lips would crack and bleed. That was how bad it got. So naturally, I had to come up with a way to moisturise my skin, especially for the cold and dry Korean winter that I've heard so much of.


The Winter Skincare Routine:

If you watch the video above, you will see which products I use and in which time of the day and in which step did I use it.


The Reason for Choosing Said Products:

When I was researching (and by researching, I was scouring the internet reading articles and watching people's reviews on Youtube) on which products to get, I would look for products that would provide a ton of moisture to dry skin. Originally, I have combination skin, which means dry on some parts of the face but oily on other parts of the face. But South Korea is less humid than it is in Singapore, in addition to a cold climate, even my oily parts are skewing towards the dryer side.

Hence, I focused largely on products that would provide moisture to my face. And when it comes to moisture, Laneige definitely came to my mind. But which product in Laneige then? That was when I started to dig. And of course, since I know that I would need to buy an entirely new skincare routine, with so many products to buy, the price has to be taken into consideration for sure.

As a result, the final skincare routine as seen in the video, all the products are said to provide moisture and the price is also affordable such that you don't go broke buying them. I bought all of them from Naver Shopping so the prices are way below the retail prices at the shops.


Final Review of Products:

Apparently, in an article that I've read, if after the use of certain cleansers, you can feel your skin tightening (like those rubbery kinda feeling) means it is ripping your face of moisture. Those cleansing foams are suited for those with oily skin. Which is why I think Belif's Aqua Bomb Jelly Cleanser worked for me, is because after washing, I feel that my skin is clean but without that rubbery feeling. The Jelly Cleanser is gel based. Same for the Neogen Real Fresh Foam Cleanser, my skin feels clean after washing but I don't feel any tightening of my face. There are several "flavours" for this series but I picked green tea because green tea is known for its anti-oxidant properties.

Laneige products are known for their moisturising properties, so there really isn't much to say about those. However, if you are wondering why I don't use their sleeping mask, it is simply because, I am already using mask sheets hence I got the 2-in-1 toner and emulsion (lotion) and the cream instead. I have tried their sleeping mask before and it's really good, honestly. But I thought I will take the chance to try their other products this time.

And as for why I used Nature Republic's mask sheets instead of so many other brands', simply because it is cheap. Hahaha! Their masks seemed to be permanently on sale right now. So each mask sheet only costs 500krw. Yes, 500krw. I didn't type that wrong. I was told before by an ex-employee of a certain beauty company that the difference in price of the mask sheets is not linearly related to the results of the mask sheets. What I mean by that is, for example, two mask sheets with the purpose of hydrating your skin, one costs a dollar while the other costs 5 dollars, the one that costs 5 dollars doesn't moisturise your skin 5 times more than the one that costs a dollar. Hence, the difference is actually not worth the difference in price.


And...I guess that's about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment