How I Put Together My Korean Winter Skincare Routine

  Background: So a little bit of background. Coming from a more humid country than South Korea, any other season is already dry enough for m...

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Affordable Massages in Seoul

Affordable Massages in Seoul

 Whether you are in Seoul for a holiday or staying here for the long term, one's muscles would experience fatigue from constant movement, or non-movement in my case. It is common to feel sore and aches all over, hence I scoured the internet for massage places that are hopefully, really as pleasant as other articles described.


1. Karahill Beauty Spa

Located on the 3rd floor of a part office, part apartment looking building is Karahill. They offer Thai massages and aroma massages, with 60 minutes of Thai massage priced at 39,000 krw. When I was there, I recall seeing that they also offer services such as eyebrow tattooing for very cheap, less than 100,000 krw for two people.

My friend and I booked a 90 minutes Thai massage that costs 50,000 krw because 60 minutes is always never enough for me. The masseuses here all seems to be native Thai, and that name of my masseuse is Kob and my friend's is Mon.

Kob uses a lot of strength, which I like, because I get ticklish easily so her strength suits me although I believe she can exert less strength if it is too painful, and she was always checking in with me if I am okay. They can speak and understand enough Korean and English to make sure that you are comfortable throughout the massage, like if it too painful, etc.

It was like Kob knew where all my knots were and she paid more attention to those areas. At the end of the massage, I told my friend about it and my friend agreed, saying the same for hers. I have been stretched in every possible way that I didn't even know it was possible until now. Which is a good thing, because you can never stretch in those positions by yourself.

I wouldn't call this a downside but Karahill is no top notch facility. Instead, it seems like an office space turned into a spa, but the place was clean enough. The room only has a mattress, no bed. But then again, maybe has to do with us doing a Thai massage? But the mattress was thick enough and clean. The massage was very good and the service is very hospitable, from the masseuses and I suppose the owner of the place. So the price is actually very worth it. They also have a locker that you can use for free to put your clothes and belongings. At the end of the massage, you also get a free drink, which you can choose one from either canned less sweet coffee, canned corn tea or bottled water.

I would definitely highly recommend this place if you need a good massage that doesn't burn a hole in your wallet.


[Naver Map]

Jamsil Karahil Spa

서울 송파구 백제고분로7길 3 은성빌딩 3층

http://naver.me/FcjRZEqt



2. Sangam Bone Healing Massage

Located in the Digital Media City area where all the major broadcasting and news stations are. Seems like they take up the entire building.

The reception is on the second floor. When I first went in, I kept hearing some low growling sound, only to find out that they keep a bulldog there! So for those who are afraid of furry friends, beware. It was just sleeping peacefully at one side anyway, so I don't suppose it would attempt to approach any customers.


I was brought to another floor above after the receptionist confirmed my booking. As compared to Karahill, instead of lying on a mattress, you get a proper massage bed. The price is also slightly higher too. So I suppose, you get what you pay for. They have a section (back/leg/feet) massage starting from 29,900 krw that lasts 40 minutes, and 60 minutes full body massage starting from 50,000 krw.

The lady who did my massage was an older lady who has more than 30 years of experience in being a massage therapist. I think she goes by No Seon Saeng (where Seon Saeng is like teacher, and along those lines) or was it Do Seon Saeng? Hahaha I forgot. Oops. But I do remember that she doesn't work there everyday, she's only on shift there on Mondays and Saturdays.

My pain points have consistently been my shoulders and back, especially my shoulder blades area, and now even my neck too. All from bad posture while sitting and standing. Bad circulation in general from sitting in the same spot for too long. I wanted immediate relieve of those sore spots but she went for my legs first and ask me if my legs hurt frequently. To which the answer was no. I know my blood circulation is bad, which would extend to my legs as well, but I definitely don't feel pain, at all. Not even soreness. That was what I thought, until she started massaging on them.

So previously, I've learned from my Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) massage therapist that if you don't feel soreness but feels it once you pressed on the spot, it means that it is on it's way to becoming bad. And if you feel soreness from the get go without having to press on it, means it is bad. Hahahaha. Sorry for the bad explanation but I hope you get what I mean. Basically, your body is giving you signs on its current state to which degree.

With that said, my legs are on its way to becoming as bad as my upper body. I really wanted to relieve the soreness on my back like how the session at Karahill went. She also asked me where I feel pain, to which I pointed out, so she did massage those areas. I did a 90 minutes session, and in that entire 90 minutes, it felt like she spread it out over my entire body. Literally from the tip of my head to my toes, front and back. Although I don't feel much relief on my upper body at the end of the session, I have to say, my legs felt very light. Not to say I don't feel any better on my upper body, I just don't feel the magic on my back unlike in my legs.

I would still recommend this place if you need a good massage. This is only one massage therapist out of, I don't know, how many therapists they have. But she's good if you need an overall relief throughout rather than pinpoint on a certain area.


[Naver Map]

Bon Healing

서울 마포구 월드컵북로 352-16

http://naver.me/xzFtU7qv



3. Seoul Seorae Village Spa [will be back to update in detail once I have experienced this myself]

They have a 60 minutes D-Muscle Pain Spa Therapy and 60 minutes V-Fit Tightening Facial Therapy starting at 55,000 krw each if booked via the WAUG platform.

[Naver Map]

Spa Hyurijae

서울 서초구 동광로 92 스파 휴리재

http://naver.me/xot8vuf0

No comments:

Post a Comment